Monday, April 2, 2012

Funny Business

I've always thought that I was funny, but I know looks aren't everything...
I have been told I have a good sense of humor, though I don't think you can really say that someone has a good vs. a bad sense of humor when "funny" is subjective and perhaps cyclical?

When I was a child puns were funny. The Muppets were funny. Making funny faces was funny. And of course farts were funny. As an adult I found puns were lame. The Muppets were old. Making funny faces was immature. And farts were rude. Now that I'm a parent puns are cute. The Muppets are charming. Making funny faces is silly. And farts are sadly, hilarious.

Makes me wonder if all of these things were always funny or never funny--except for farts, we've established that farts have always been funny.

Though in my home, we don't say fart, we say "toot" because we are a proper family after all.

Fart!

No comments:

Post a Comment