Wednesday, April 25, 2012

National Princess Week

I've always felt that my head was perfectly shaped to wear a tiara. In fact, up until about five years ago if you asked me what I wanted to be, my answer was always "a princess." Sadly, the closest I ever got to being a princess was dressing up as Mulan for the DVD release at the grocery store I worked at in high school. Though, at the time I don't think Mulan was really classified as a "princess" in terms of Disney branding. 

When I read an announcement that April 22nd-28th the first annual National Princess Week, I practically squealed with excitement. I understand that I am no longer "princess material" but the way I see it, the next best thing to being a princess, is having one--specifically, my daughter M. 

Let me just state for the record that I am the biggest girly girl and much to my delight, M is just like me. She loves pink or "peent" as she calls it, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and princesses. Specifically The Disney Princesses. M really doesn't discriminate, she loves Ariel, Rapunzel, and Princerella--I mean Cinderella. Though, if she had to pick a favorite, I think she would choose Belle. 

Glancing around M's room I noticed that she has amassed quite a Disney Princess collection. She has many of the 12 inch character dolls, the pop-up tent, dress up clothes, and a tea set, but I believe the prize possession in her collection is her Princess & Me Belle. And who could blame her? Belle is a beautiful doll and she is the perfect size/weight to carry around to tea parties. They only complaints I have are that her hair is super soft/fine and easily tangled. I have avoided problems with her hair by not taking out of her factory style and then fashioning her hair in a loose up do...this may not work for the girls who like to play beauty shop though. Also, she is a bit pricey, but I feel that for the money Belle is a beautiful keepsake and more of an appropriate toy for M than other similar 18 inch dolls. 

Final Rating on Disney Princess & Me 18 inch Doll is Splurge! 
*Photo credit www.toysrus.com

I may never get to be a princess, however, I did marry my version of Prince Charming. And of course, on that day, I did wear a tiara. 

**Photo credit Summer Stone Photography

1 comment:

  1. What Disney Princesses teach us:
    Disobeying your father because he just doesn't understand is ok, especially when you're 16 (Ariel)

    Living with 7 men and you can still nab prince charming (Snow White)

    Even though he's abusive he might still be a great guy/you can always change a man into what you want him to be (Belle)

    Running off with a stranger and thief is ok because it's adventure (Jasmine).

    If you're beautiful and dressed good enough you may be able to escape your terrible living conditions by getting a wealthy prince to notice you (Cinderella).

    Sorry, just couldn't help myself :)

    ReplyDelete